the ipad3 is around the corner as apple just announced a media event on march 7th.
what will we possibly get?
- retina display: 2048×1536 pixels will make pretty much everything more gorgeous and engaging.
- A6 quad core processor: this means tremendous performance and response boost.
- LTE support. let’s face it – 4G network is where it’s all heading,
as the internet will blend better and tighter with the device and our lifestyle.
- better front and back camera. flash.
- equal or better battery life.
- unified GSM/CDMA support.
- bluethooth 4.0 chip.
what we may get:
- smart bezel virtual buttons:
imagine the bezel and back cover of the ipad responding to customized buttons which lit up.
so you can setup the top left .bezel button to launch maps. more here.
- NFC chip (not likely IMHO).
- airdrop feature from ipad to mac.
what we probably won’t get yet:
- haptic feedback display. the game changer. it will be a great day when it arrives (though the image from apple may hint at it…).
- solar charging of the device
- new map system which apple has been working on
- how does siri fit in? i am not sure yet…
will iOS 6.0 be announced as well? if so, developers will a beta by early next week…